Resources for Youth Groups
Engage your youth group with these resources on Haiti focused on education, prayer and reflection.
- Youth Activity and Reflection
- This activity helps youth learn about life in Haiti before and after the earthquake, leads them through compassionate reflection and toward action on behalf of the people of Haiti.
- Food Fast Youth Activity
Connection to the World: Poverty and Natural Disasters: A Haiti Case Study
- Taken from Food Fast, CRS' 24-hour hunger awareness retreat for Catholic youth, these 2 90-minute activities use Haiti as a case study for youth to learn about natural disasters.
- Evening Prayer Service for Haiti
- Hold an evening prayer service for Haiti. The prayer service is available in two formats: the first is a booklet with photos that can be printed and copies as a handout. The second is a plain-text version that you can edit and adapt to accommodate local needs. The plain-text version also has an appendix that contains a pronunciation guide for Haitian Creole.
- Daily Prayer for Haiti
- This short prayer may be used daily to keep Haiti in your prayers.
- Fair Trade Craft Sale
- Invite your youth group to host a Work of Human Hands sale with fairly traded handcrafts and food from around the world. Feature products from Haiti and share the story of the people who made the products with your community.
- Catholics Confront Global Poverty
- Join over a million Catholics in the United States advocating to end hunger, disease, conflict, and other issues that affect the lives of our brothers and sisters worldwide.
For additional information, contact the CRS US Operations Haiti Partnership Unit.