Resources for Catholic Schools
Introduce students of all grade levels to the situation in Haiti and help them become involved though these resources.
- Become an iNeighbor School
- Through CRS iNeighbor, everyone is educated about the work that CRS is doing around the world, and invited to be a part of those efforts.
- Contact Information for Diocesan Education Offices in Haiti
- Evening Prayer Service for Haiti
- Hold an evening prayer service for Haiti. The prayer service is available in two formats: the first is a booklet with photos that can be printed and copies as a handout. The second is a plain-text version that you can edit and adapt to accommodate local needs. The plain-text version also has an appendix that contains a pronunciation guide for Haitian Creole.
- Daily Prayer for Haiti
- This short prayer may be used daily to keep Haiti in your prayers.
- High School Lesson Plans
- This 60-minute lesson plan, suitable for high school students, will help students learn about Haitian life before and after the earthquake and understand the principle of subsidiarity.
- Youth Activity and Reflection
- This activity helps youth learn about life in Haiti before and after the earthquake, leads them through compassionate reflection and toward action on behalf of the people of Haiti.
- Catholics Confront Global Poverty
- Join over a million Catholics in the United States advocating to end hunger, disease, conflict and other issues that affect the lives of our brothers and sisters worldwide.
- CRS Education Going Global With Youth
- Going Global With Youth is a gateway to lesson plans, simulation activities, prayer services and other resources that explore global issues through the lens of solidarity and Catholic social teaching.
For additional information, contact the CRS US Operations Haiti Partnership Unit.