Resources for Partnerships With Haiti
Catholic Relief Services has gathered resources to help strengthen partnerships between the United States and Haiti.
- One Table Many Partners National Solidarity Conference
- View presentations.
- Message From the Haitian Bishops Conference
- A document from the Haitian Bishops' Conference providing guidance on the post-earthquake response and rebuilding in Haiti.
- Partners in Mission Statement
- A statement from the Haitian Bishops Conference outlining principles that should guide all partnerships with communities in Haiti.
- Process for Reconstruction of Church Property in Haiti
- The Haitian bishops, in cooperation with the Church from around the world, including the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB), are establishing a mechanism called PROCHE to support the Church's reconstruction efforts in Haiti. To ensure that the rebuilding process happens in a coordinated, transparent and efficient manner, the bishops of Haiti and the United States are asking that all construction projects in Haiti be communicated to PROCHE.
- Prayer for Haiti
- This prayer, written after the January 2010 earthquake, is suitable for individual or group prayer, specifically for groups in partnership with Haiti.
- Map of Partnerships in Haiti
- Link to a map showing the location of parishes in the United States and Haiti engaged in partnerships and add your partnership to the map.
- CRS Manual for Partnerships
- A manual on the principles and practices of solidarity-based parish partnerships to be used in conjunction with a CRS Parish Partnership workshop or the Parish-to-Parish Partnership PowerPoint presentation.
- CRS Parish-to-Parish Partnership Presentation
- A PowerPoint presentation on the principles and practices of solidarity-based parish partnerships developed by CRS for Parish Partnership workshops. May be used in conjunction with the CRS Manual for Partnerships.
- Technical Assistance Resources for Haiti Partnership
- Listing of CRS manuals and best practices from around the world on projects such as water and sanitation, education and microfinance.
- Prevention and Treatment of Cholera
- Download resources in Haitian Creole to assist your parish partner in preventing and treating cholera.
- Catholics Confront Global Poverty
- Join over 1 million Catholics in the United States advocating to end hunger, disease, conflict and other issues that affect the lives of our brothers and sisters worldwide. Advocate on behalf of your sister parish community in Haiti with your legislator. Tell the story.
- CRS Legislative Capacity Training
- Learn how to approach your legislators on U.S. policies that promote and strengthen the development of Haiti and its people. CRS offers educational resources, provides trainings, speakers and advocacy opportunities to help you and your community advocate for our brothers and sisters around the world.
For additional information, contact the CRS US Operations Haiti Partnership Unit.