Director of Partnership, Training and Engagement
Chris West has worked at Catholic Relief Services for more than twelve years. He currently directs the Partnership, Training, and Engagement Unit. Chris has over 20 years of experience in leadership development, training, and helping Catholics engage successfully in Social Mission. He holds a BA in Human Services from Virginia Wesleyan College and a Masters Degree in Political Communication from the Johns Hopkins University.
Fun Facts: Chris loves doing crazy things outside, from rock climbing to SCUBA diving, to parachuting, and caving. He is an assistant Scout Leader and is often out camping on weekends.
- Directs the team that oversees National Partnership work, Capacity Building, outreach to specific audiences (clergy, youth, education, diocesan)
- Trainer and facilitator
- Manages the Capacity Building Initiative for US Dioceses.
Manager of Partnership, Training and Engagement Unit
Jackie Gardner has worked at Catholic Relief Services for over 25 years in a variety of capacities, such as Human Resources, I.T. and Finance. Currently she is a Manager of Constituent Support, where she supervises a Communications Specialist, Logistics & Resource Coordinator, and two high school interns. She is a graduate of C W. Post/Long Island University with a B.A. in Communications/Journalism. She is married and has two grown children.
Fun Fact: Jackie loves martial arts action films, and while she has only taken one karate lesson, she owns almost every Bruce Lee movie.
- Manages a designated toll free call center for our partners and constituents
- Creates and produces print materials and resources for exhibits; oversees in-house resource fulfillment and inventory
- Manages departmental budget
- Oversees intra-departmental workflow
Shipping & Logistics Coordinator
Karen Chance began her CRS Journey in 2007. She now carries the title of Shipping & Logistics Coordinator in the Partnership, Training & Engagement Unit. Karen holds her Bachelor of Science degree in the field of Business.
Fun Fact: Karen likes to be organized & finds it difficult when others do not.
- Coordination of Logistics for National Conventions, Conferences and Workshops
- Maintenance & Inventory management of resources produced by USOps and other HQ departments
- Administrative Support: Provide direct support to Manager of Constituent Support, Religious Education Team & Church Relations Manager
Administrative Assistant for PTEU and Advocacy
Rochelle Johnson joined CRS in 1998 working in Finance where she served 4 years. Presently, she serves as Administrative Assistant, supporting the Advocacy Department and the Director of PTEU. Rochelle holds an Associate’s Degree in Business Administration and is presently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Psychology from the University of Baltimore. She is also a member of PSI CHI, the International Honor Society in Psychology. She’s the mother of two adult children and the doting grandmother of two grandchildren.
Fun Fact: Rochelle loves to be in water, but she swims like a rock.
- Arrange all logistics for Director of PTEU
- Provides administrative support to each unit of the Advocacy Department; Central, Legislative, and Grassroots
- Manages each unit’s budget
- Represents CRS during the Annual Catholic Social Ministry Gathering
- Serves as backup support for Executive Assistant to the Vice President, US Operations
Communications Specialist – PTEU
Jacklyn serves as the Communications Specialist for Partnership, Training and Engagement and co- Manager for National Council of Catholic Women. She has worked with CRS for over 18 years, and during her tenure she has served as the administrator for Operating Services and worked as the staff training and development coordinator. Prior to CRS, Jacklyn worked for 17 years in the areas of sales and marketing where she worked as an operations manager. Jacklyn holds a B.S. in Corporate Communications from the University of Baltimore.
Fun Fact: Jacklyn was married to Lewis Ireland for 23 years before his passing. She has one married daughter who resides in Baltimore. Jacklyn loves listening to jazz. She designs jewelry, makes chocolate candy and loves storytelling. Her motto is “Leave your worries with God, He can handle them a lot better than you can.”
- Communications Outreach
- Relationship Management
- U.S. Partner Resources Website
- Technology, Database Management and Reporting
Relationship Manager for Youth/Religious Education
Ted Miles serves as the Relationship Manager for Youth / Religious Education engagement. After earning his B.A. at Loyola University Maryland and M.A. from Bucknell University, Ted completed a two year Jesuit Volunteer commitment in education and youth empowerment programs in Belize and Guatemala. Ted has served in parish ministry, Catholic high school education and archdiocesan leadership.
Ted’s favorite pastimes include time with his niece and nephew, the Baltimore Orioles, swimming, camping and hiking, the latter fueling his passion to work for climate justice.
- Manages National Partnerships with organizations focusing on Youth Ministry, Parish Faith Formation, and Pastoral Juvenil, in addition to the Catholic Climate Covenant. Inclusive of conferences, training and other speaking engagements
- Management of CRS Education and Youth Ministry programs, including general resource development
- Oversight of U.S. Operations Youth and Education Outreach
Coordinator of Catholic Educational Engagement
Kristin Witte serves as the coordinator of Catholic Educational Engagement. She has taught in a Catholic elementary school, worked as a college campus minister, and for the Archdiocese of Baltimore as the Coordinator of Pastoral Care and Social Justice. Having earned three master’s degrees, Kristin completed her Doctorate in Ministry from The Catholic University of America in 2012. Kristin and her husband Andy have been married for 16 years and have a daughter, Kyra Grace.
Fun Fact: Kristin has a profound distaste for anything related to Styrofoam including consistency, texture and the sound it makes when it rubs with other pieces of Styrofoam.
- National Partnerships with organizations focusing on Elementary Catechesis and Catholic Schools
- Liaison with Catholic Publishing Houses
- Coordinate the CRS Global High School Program
Program Coordinator for Youth and Education
Rachel Campbell serves as the Program Coordinator for Youth and Education. She earned a Bachelor of Science in Biology and History from The College of Idaho. Rachel moved from Idaho to Maryland for a year of service as a Social Justice Coordinator through Mercy Volunteer Corps and has since fallen in love with Baltimore City. She plans to return to school to complete a Master of Public Health.
Fun Fact: Rachel plays both classical violin and old-time / celtic fiddle for about fourteen years. She has played everywhere from mountain tops to cathedrals and plans to continue adding fun venues and styles to her repertoire.
- Coordinates the programs and logistics for CRS Global High School, CRS FoodFast and CRS Education.
- Creates and manages social media outreach for young Catholics and the adults who serve them.
Clergy Outreach Manager
Mikaele Sansone joined CRS in 2004 and is responsible for leading the agency’s Clergy Outreach efforts. As the Clergy Outreach Manager, Mikaele provides clergy with resources to be advocates for the poor and vulnerable overseas. She has traveled internationally over thirty-five times for CRS. Mikaele earned a B.S. in social work from the University of Portland in Oregon and her Master’s is in Social Psychology with a focus on staff care in humanitarian organizations.
Fun Fact: Mikaele is a photo geek and has a twin.
- Overseas Global Fellows program, which provides deacons and priests with formation about global solidarity through overseas immersion trips and workshops about how they can share their experiences with their congregations.
- Overseas Seminary Outreach Initiative, which assists seminarians and seminaries integrate Catholic Social Teaching into their curriculum.
- Manages all USOPs and VIP delegations, to include training for staff hosting and leading delegations overseas.
- Delegations, to include training for staff hosting and leading delegations overseas.
Clergy Outreach Coordinator
Isabel joined CRS in 1999, beginning her career in the Charitable Giving Division and the Executive Office the first 5 years. In 2010 Isabel became the coordinator responsible for assigning and logistically arranging most of the 235 speaking engagements for the Global Fellows priests and deacons in the U.S. each year.
Fun Fact: Isabel loves traveling, reading, but most of all, walking her dog, Token.
- Responds to requests for Global Fellows priests or deacons speakers.serves as liaison between parishes, schools, and speakers.
- Assists Global Fellows with any concerns and resources needed.
- Confirms and arranges travel as well as other logistics.
- Maintains speaking records for programming purposes.
- Assists the Clergy Outreach Team.
Father David Garcia
Senior Advisor for CRS Clergy Outreach
Fr. Garcia is Senior Advisor for Clergy Outreach for Catholic Relief Services. He is also Director of the Old Spanish Missions of San Antonio and Administrator of Mission Concepcion. He was rector of San Fernando Cathedral in San Antonio from 1995 – 2008. A native of San Antonio, He was ordained in 1975. He has served as pastor in four parishes, secretary to the archbishop, rector of Assumption Seminary and Vocation Director.
Fr. Garcia holds two masters degrees from Notre Dame University, in Theology and Institutional Administration. He held fellowships at Notre Dame from 1972-1974 and at Harvard Divinity School in 1994. He studied at the University of London and Instituto Teologico in Mexico City.
He serves as board member of the Mexican American Catholic College. In 2001, his parish, San Fernando Cathedral, was cited in Excellent Catholic Parishes.
Fun Fact: I had a speech defect in Kindergarten, did therapy, cleared it up and I have not stopped talking since then.
Father Tom McQuaid
Clergy Outreach – Relationship Manager
Fr. Tom McQuaid is a priest of the Archdiocese of Chicago. He has a B.A. in Theology from Loyola University of Chicago; and M.Div. from St. Mary of the Lake Seminary, Mundelein, IL; and a D. Min. from Catholic Theological Union in Chicago.
Tom has been an associate pastor, pastor, missionary in Kenya, faculty member of Mundelein Seminary and Vocation Director of the Archdiocese of Chicago before joining CRS.
Tom has worked for CRS for the last five years. For four years, he worked in the Midwest Regional Office in Chicago as a Relationship Manager with several (arch)dioceses and colleges/universities. For the last year, Tom has worked with the Clergy Outreach Team of CRS, engaging seminaries throughout the US.
Relationship Manager for National Partnerships
Kimberly Mazyck has worked at Catholic Relief Services for more than eleven years. She currently serves as the Relationship Manger for National Partnerships. Kim has over 20 years of experience in advocacy and community development especially in the areas of human rights and literacy. Kim graduated from the School of Foreign Service at Georgetown University.
Fun Fact: Kim loves college basketball, especially the Big East Conference and most importantly the Georgetown Hoyas. During the month of March, it is best to start your conversation with the subject of basketball.
- Manages National Partnerships with organizations focusing on Diocesan Leadership active parish engagement
- Serves on the planning committees for both Catholic Social Ministry Gathering and Social Action Summer Institute
- Manages a number of diocesan partnerships as a part of the Capacity Building Initiative
Capacity Building Specialist
Kathleen O’Toole comes to CRS with forty years of professional experience in community organizing and faith-based social change. Her special talents –training and equipping leaders to engage their institutions in social mission, and mentoring staff and leaders. For seven years she led National Church Outreach for Bread for the World. Kathleen is a poet with an MA in Creative Writing from Johns Hopkins University, with two collections of poetry published.
Fun Fact: Kathleen majored in theatre and French at Catholic University, and once worked as a “surveillante” – dorm supervisor, at a Catholic girls’ boarding school in Belgium.
- Support Relationship Managers and Diocesan Directors in partner dioceses participating in the Diocesan Capacity Building Initiative.
- Facilitate the Diocesan-Parish Engagement CDT
- Work with Partnership Training and Engagement Team to develop leadership training sessions for use in diocesan ministries and work with Relationship Managers to offer various training sessions with CRS national partners and dioceses.